Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 9 - Felucca at Dawn


During my trip to Egypt, we spent two nights on this felucca. Basically a boat that was designed to travel up and down the Nile. You sleep out on the top, under the stars. I woke up to the sunrise, quietly scrambled off the boat with my camera and tripod and took this photo. Sure, it was like 4am in the morning, sure I could have woken the entire boat up and sure, I couldn't see anything on the marshy coast, but a photographer does whatever he needs to get his shot right?

This is one of my favorite photos from Egypt. Everyone has the Pyramid photos and the Sphynx. I have tons of photos of all the temples. This photo, I WORKED to get and when it comes out like you want, it feels good. It's one of the photos that I entered into the OC Fair, but didn't get nothin.. Oh well.. I still like it and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment