Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2 - Washington Monument


(click for full size image)

In honor of Independence Day, this weekend I will focus on our Nation's Capital, Washington, DC. At my previous job, I was required to go to DC on and off over the course of three years. Luckily I was able to have some time off each time. The last time I went for a significant amount of time was March of 2008.

Luckily it was during the peak of the Cherry Blossom Festival and I got to experience the city all over again. This shot is of the Washington Monument with the Cherry trees framing it. Most of the cherry trees are in the Tidal Basin surrounding the Jefferson Monument, but if you look through the trees you can see back to the Washington Monument.

I took in the Tidal Basin 3 times during this trip. The first time I was alone and they were just starting to bloom. The next weekend Apryl came out and they were right at their peak, this is when this shot was taken. The last weekend was with my friend Markus and although just after the peak, it was still beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my fave photos. The cherry blossoms frame the monument so nicely.

    ReplyDelete