Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 3 - Declaration of Independence


We the People.. That's what started it all.. This document is why we celebrate Independence Day. It's pretty amazing how these things get preserved and kept for so long. It's a 200+ year old piece of paper.

This image was taken without a flash, for two reasons, a) they don't allow it and b) there's glass in the way that would have given a reflection anyway. The first reason didn't stop a lot of people from using a flash anyway. I wish I would have had my 50mm lens at the time as the image would have been a lot clearer. I think the document and the image speak for themselves. Have a happy 4th of July.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this picture! It looks so neat the way its off-centered but the focus is still the document and most importantly "We the People". Very good David!- Tonia

    ReplyDelete