Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 23 - Waynu Picchu


Eventually I'll post a Machu Picchu picture on here, but I want to build up to it. This photo was taken on our hike up Waynu Picchu, a mountain next to Machu Picchu that means "Young Mountain". We got up early (5am) to be able to get onto the trail at 7am. The fog still covered most of the area.

While taking a break from climbing 1100 ft worth of rock-carved stairs, I saw the dew dripping from this branch and I wanted to focus on it. When I saw the minimum depth of field created from my close up focusing, I fell in love with this photo. You can still make out the fog, blue sky and mountains in the background, while still focusing on the water dripping from the branch.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the framing and depth of focus achieved. Makes you feel like you could watch the next drop fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually we got up at 3:50am to get in line to catch the 1st bus to get us up the mountain and in line again by 5am. All so you could get this beautiful photo :)

    ReplyDelete