Monday, July 13, 2009

July 13 - The Kill


This is why I went to Africa. To see a kill. Okay, so we missed the actual killing, but they sure were enjoying it. I took this in the Serengeti from the roof of a Land Rover. We were actually out looking for a leopard that we were told was in the area, but then came upon this. We were only the third vehicle there and then we got trapped in and had to wait until they were done because all the other vehicles boxed us in.

It's rare that you see two male lions interacting with each other. Especially at the dinner table. It also doesn't look like they were leaving much for the lionesses that probably actually participated in the said killing. There were plenty of hyena and voltures circling around the area waiting for them to finish up. I love that I also got the lion with his tongue out, probably finishing licking his lips.

2 comments:

  1. Love this one too! Very awesome moment to capture with the two lions. Graphic but not too close! Great job keeping the scenery(sp?) in the view. Tempting, but I think I'll enjoy this one on my laptop rather then in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cool. You did a great job framing this one, as Tonia said. Also, the detail is fantastic, everything from the fur to the red meat to the soft grass. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete