Friday, August 7, 2009

Aug 7 - Machu Picchu


The latest New 7 Wonder that I visited with my lovely new wife is Machu Picchu. We spent two days here. The first day we had a tour guide that took us in and out of the facility and showed us all the cool things that were incorporated into the ancient city. After lunch we hiked up the last two miles of the Inca Trail to the Sun Gate. This photo was taken part way up and is the "standard" photo location for Machu Picchu. I have some other more unique angles that I'll post here from time to time, but I thought I'd start with the standard.
So that's it for the New 7 wonders.. We still have the Great Wall of China, Petra and Taj Mahal. Not necessarily places we are planning on visiting in the near future, but places I definitely want to visit in my life time.
Enjoy the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! I love traveling 2! plz check out my blog http://savetheearthrecycle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, I'm giving a slide presentatio on Machu Picchu not too far from you - REI Huntingtion Beach September 23rd . Details at http://www.stoneofferings.com

    ReplyDelete