Thursday, August 20, 2009

Aug 20 - Eiffel in Peru?


So, I was trying to decide what to post today and I though, oh, I'll post another Eiffel "masterpiece" that we saw in Peru. I thought I don't remember it being a great photo, but it's an interesting subject, so I'll post and talk about it. Then I got to looking at the photo and I think it's really good actually. It has good composition, no crazy flash glare and the lighting from the sconce on the white stone reminded me of the barrel picture I posted earlier.

Anyway, back to the staircase. This was in an out of the way restaurant called ZigZag in Arequipa, Peru. It was recommended in our guidebook, both for the staircase and the food. The antique staircase was designed by Eiffel (yes, that Eiffel.) and although was one of the reasons we visited, the food and dessert here were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment